Hudson Historical Photo Galleries
A fishing village was established by Bill Lang and several area families by 1874. Four years later, Isaac and Amanda Hudson along with their eleven children arrived in a caravan of covered wagons. Their son, John Hudson, became the first postmaster in 1882 and Hudson became the name of the town.
The railroad between Brooksville and Hudson was completed in 1904. The train served the timber and turpentine industries in Hudson and provided Brooksville with access to the Gulf.
Victor “Bud” Clark began digging canals in 1956 for the homes of Hudson Beach Estates. In 1960 the Public Beach opened.
This business was located at the corner of U. S. 19 and what is now State Road 52. The sign reads: Tallahassee 216, Dade City 33, Weeki Wachee 16. The photo is probably from the late 1940s.
Fourth of July celebration in Hudson, 1950. Photo by Bill Maytum.
Residence of Isaac and Amanda Hudson, who are pictured on the porch. The town of Hudson is named for them. The caption says that the child is A. L. Hudson at age 7 and “grandpa is feeding the chickens at 5 years of age.” The home still exists, but has a different appearance. Photo courtesy of Michelle McLaughlin.
This 1972 photo is taken from a Hudson Chamber of Commerce scrapbook.
Left to right: Roy Sibley, Mike Mattix, Gary Mattix. Photo taken in 1969. Photo courtesy of Steve Mattix.
This photo is taken from an advertisement for Hudson Suprex in the 1971 Gulf High School yearbook.